Bupa Hero VHIS Plan Certification Number:
Advance (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-01-000-03
Advance (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-02-000-03
Advance (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-03-000-03
Advance (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-04-000-03
Deluxe (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-05-000-03
Deluxe (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-06-000-03
Deluxe (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-07-000-03
Deluxe (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-08-000-03
Advance Pro (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-09-000-01
Advance Pro (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-10-000-01
Advance Pro (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-11-000-01
Advance Pro (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-12-000-01
Deluxe Pro (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-13-000-01
Deluxe Pro (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-14-000-01
Deluxe Pro (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-15-000-01
Deluxe Pro (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-16-000-01
- Asia, Australia and New Zealand means Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- For eligible expenses covered under the certified plan but incurred outside your chosen area of cover, benefits shall only be payable according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits. Please refer to the Policy for details.
- Full cover is only applicable to selected items under Summary of Benefits and subject to the annual benefit limit, deductible and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits.
- For 3 or more family members who enrol together, they can first enjoy 15% off family discount, and an extra 41% off discount will be subsequently applied to the discounted premium. Actual total premium discount is 50% off.
- Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit of the Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit include 98% of designated critical illnesses in 10Life's Scoring Methodology of Term Critical Illness Insurance. Exclusions and waiting periods apply. Please refer to the contract for the terms and excluded conditions.
- First-year premium from HK$301 per month: The calculation of $301 average monthly premium is based on an 18-year-old member enrolled in Deluxe Pro Plan with yearly payment and a HK$80,000 deductible option. Actual premiums vary depending on the age of insured person. These premiums include the latest welcome offer.
- Deductible options include HK$0, HK$12,000, HK$40,000 and HK$80,000. A deductible is the amount of eligible expenses that you must pay each year. Bupa will cover the remaining amount up to the benefit limit. The deductible won’t apply to the Medical Check-up Benefit and optional benefits.
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (j) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the outpatient department of a local private hospital. For overseas hospitalisation, you can enjoy cashless treatment by calling Bupa to make the necessary arrangements. You need to follow the required procedures and obtain pre-authorisation from Bupa to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Please visit Bupa’s website (www.bupa.com.hk/hero) for the list of designated private hospitals in Hong Kong. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Please log in to Bupa's customer service portal to view the latest list of Bupa Hero appointed service providers. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Optional benefits (Clinical, Maternity, Dental, Dental and Optical Benefit) are not part of the VHIS Certified Plan and only applicable in your chosen area of cover. The premiums paid are not eligible for claiming tax deduction and any family discount.
- Only applicable to Deluxe plans. Receive a free health assessment each year, starting from the second policy year, at one of our designated health screening centres in Hong Kong (for insured persons aged 18 or above). Or, choose your own provider and claim up to HK$4,000 for Deluxe or HK$4,800 for Deluxe Pro for check-up services in your chosen area of cover.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap.112) (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed every year for life as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- The 24-hour Mental Health Service Hotline is applicable to insured persons aged 18 or above. Insured persons aged below 18 must be accompanied by the Policy Holder or guardian to use this service.
- Must be referred by the hotline counsellor and he number of face-to-face counselling services is limited to 4 times per Policy Year.
- You must visit Bupa Hero appointed service providers under the Network Benefit, subject to the maximum number of visits per policy year and the overall annual limit. Please refer to the Benefit Schedule for details.
- Only applicable to Deluxe plans with optional Clinical Benefit.
- Only applicable to Deluxe plans with optional Dental and Optical Benefits.
- Optional maternity benefit is payable provided that the conception occurs after the commencement date of this benefit and no benefit shall be payable during the waiting period of the first 9 months.
- If your Body Mass Index is considered as overweight, underweight or you’re aged 65 or above at enrolment, Bupa may ask you to submit a check-up report as part of your health insurance application process.
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses in answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- Applicable to Bupa members with network clinical benefits and an eligible medical card. The delivery of medication is restricted to designated locations and is subject to payment of a delivery charge. The delivery charge is waived through 31 December 2022. Please click here www.bupa.com.hk/en/customer-care/video-consultation-services for more details.
Based on the benefits of the Gold plan, including major critical illness benefit of HK$1,500,000, additional cancer benefit of HK$1,500,000 and early stage critical illness benefit of HK$300,000. Please refer to the contract for terms, conditions and exclusions.
Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit covers 3 major critical illnesses and 5 early stage critical illnesses under the critical illness basic benefits. You can also add Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit to include a total of 85 covered critical illnesses.
Waiting periods apply between payment of benefit items. Additional Cancer Benefit is also subject to active cancer treatment requirements. Please refer to the contract.
Designated private hospitals for cashless treatment include Canossa Hospital (Caritas), Evangel Hospital, Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Stubbs Rd., Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital, Matilda International Hospital, Precious Blood Hospital (Caritas), St. Paul's Hospital, St. Teresa's Hospital and Union Hospital. This list is subject to change from time to time.
Bupa Hero VHIS Plan – Welcome discount + Up to 50% off for 3 or more family enrolments! Terms and conditions
- The promotion period is valid from now to 31 May 2022 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).。
- The Promotion Offer is only available to new members who enrol as an insured person (“New Customer”) under Bupa Hero VHIS Plan (Flexi Plan) (“Eligible Scheme”) and fulfill all eligibility criteria in clause 4 below (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- Within the Promotion Period, a premium discount will be offered to New Customer(s) on the overall premium of the Eligible Scheme according to the discount rate below (“Promotion Offer”):
＊If both family discount and welcome premium discount are applicable, family discount will be deducted first and welcome discount shall be subsequently applied to the discounted premium. Both family and welcome discounts shall not be applied together on a cumulative basis concurrently in the calculation. To illustrate, the total discount rates applicable to family members’ enrolment are set out below:
|No. of New Customer(s) who enrol together
||Premium discount rate
|3 or more
|No. of family member(s) who enrol together
||Welcome premium discount rate
|3 or more
- To enjoy the Promotion Offer, all New Customers are required to meet all of the following eligibility criteria below:
。 Successfully enrol in the Eligible Scheme during the Promotion Period;
。 All New Customers must submit the application form(s) at the same time to calculate the eligible premium discount under the Promotion Offer. Any late or subsequent submission(s) shall be counted afresh at the time of submission and no retrospective discount will be given;
。 Application for the Eligible Scheme must be submitted through a Bupa Health Management Consultant;
。 Must not cancel any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme; and
。 The Eligible Scheme must come into effect on 1 June 2022 with annual premium payment paid.
- The Promotion Offer is applicable to all first year premiums paid under the Eligible Scheme, inclusive of the standard premium of the Certified Plan and premiums for optional benefits, but all premium loading charged on the Eligible Scheme shall not be eligible. For renewal premiums, New Customers can still enjoy family discount on the Standard Premiums of the Certified Plan if they are eligible family members and all Eligible Schemes are still in force.
- The Promotion Offer is calculated based on the standard premium without applying any other discount. The Promotion Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion offers. Any levy payable under the Eligible Scheme shall be calculated before applying the Promotion Offer.
- In the event that any of the New Customer(s) terminate the Eligible Scheme within the 1st Policy Year for whatever reason, Bupa shall recalculate the entitled premium discount based on the actual number of New Customer(s) with the Eligible Scheme still in force. The New Customer shall repay Bupa the difference between the Promotion Offer already applied and the recalculated actual eligible promotion discount upon Bupa’s reasonable request.
- The discount amount and discount percentage applied to the Eligible Scheme under the Promotion Offer will not be shown on the Policy Schedule of the Eligible Scheme. The New Customer should refer to the copy of the application form enclosed in the welcome pack for the actual premium and levy paid.
- The amount of premium discount received under the Promotion Offer is not eligible for tax deduction. Please refer to www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq if you wish to calculate the qualifying premiums eligible for tax deduction in a tax year.
- Bupa reserves the right of final decision for the New Customer’s entitlement to the Promotion Offer.
- The Promotion Offer is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Promotion Offer (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion Offer.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.