VHIS Certification Number: S00020-01-000-01
The above information is a summary of the products and the promotional offer, please refer to Bupa's website for details.
- Subject to eligibility of the related expenses and the annual limit.
- For psychiatric treatment, the territorial scope only covers Hong Kong.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified
relatives” in Inland Revenue (Amendment) (No. 8) Ordinance 2018 (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit here
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions. Bupa reserves the right to amend the premium, benefits, terms and conditions upon policy renewal. Please refer to your Policy for further details.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
#Terms and conditions for Enrolment Discount for Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan:
- The promotion period is valid from now to 31 January 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- To enjoy 20% discount (“Promotion Offer”) on the Standard Premium of Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan (Standard Plan), the insured person (“New Customer”) is required to meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
a. Successfully enrols in Bupa myBasic VHIS Plan (“Eligible Scheme”) through a Bupa Health Management Consultant during the Promotion Period;
b. Must not cancel any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme; and
c. Eligible Scheme must come into effect between 1 January 2020 to 1 February 2020 with annual premium payment paid.
- The Promotion Offer is applicable to the total subscription of the First-Year Standard Premium only and does not apply to any Premium Loading.
- The Promotion Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion offer.
- Bupa reserve the right of final decision of the New Customer’s entitlement to the Promotion Offer.
- The Promotion Offer is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- Bupa reserve the right to cancel or terminate this Promotion Offer (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion Offer.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
*From HK$185 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enrolling in Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan, with annual payment. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.