Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan Certification Number:
Standard Plus: F00029-01-001-02
Advance Plus: F00029-02-001-02
Deluxe Plus: F00029-03-001-02
The above information is a summary of the products and the promotional offer, please refer to Bupa's website and the Policy for details.
- For enhanced benefit "Push the Limit Benefit" and psychiatric treatment, the territorial scope only covers Hong Kong (exceptions apply).
- "Push the Limit Benefits" offers (i) full cover for eligible expenses incurred at Bupa MyFlexi Appointed Hospitals and designated specialists’ clinics and service providers up to an annual benefit limit if the conditions under the Policy are fulfilled; and (ii) Supplementary Major Medical Benefit to cover the eligible expense in excess of the benefit limit, subject to 20% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
- Full Cover Benefit and Supplementary Major Medical Benefit offered under Push the limit benefit are not applicable to pre- and post-confinement/day case procedure outpatient care and psychiatric treatment. You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover and subject to the benefit limits of Push the Limit under the Summary of benefit.
- Child discount will be applied to the premium of the MyFlexi basic benefits and enhanced benefits only, but not Push the Limit and other optional benefits. The discount will be valid as long as one or two parent(s) of the insured person is/are also covered under a MyFlexi VHIS plan.
- Other Optional Benefits (Clinical, Dental and Maternity benefit) are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid (if any) are not eligible for claiming tax deduction, any child discount and/or no claim renewal discount.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112) (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other Optional Benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (e) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the day case unit of a local private hospital. You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Please visit our website (www.bupa.com.hk/myflexi) for the latest list of Bupa MyFlexi Appointed Hospitals in which you may enjoy full cover benefit for hospitalisation . This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Please log in to our customer service portal myBupa to view the latest list of designated service providers enjoy full cover benefit and cashless treatment. These lists are subject to change from time to time.
- Network Dental Centre are appointed by Bupa to provide dental services listed under “Network Dental Centre benefit” in the Summary of Benefits. Locations of the Network Dental Centres include Admiralty, Causeway Bay, Quarry Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Tseung Kwan O, Sha Tin, Tsing Yi, Tung Chung, etc. Please log in to Bupa’s customer service portal myBupa to view the latest location list. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Insured persons can enjoy cashless treatment and full cover at designated Network Dental Centres by presenting their Bupa membership card, medical card or membership number and Hong Kong Identity Card for verification and record.
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
- Health Coaching Services are not part of the Certified Plan. All Health Coaching Services (ie. 24/7 Healthline, Care Manager, 2nd medical opinion, Qualified nurse, Doctor referrals, Chronic Conditions Programme) are available for customers who select Deluxe or Deluxe Plus. Those who select Advance or Advance Plus can access all services except the Chronic Conditions Programme. Those who select Standard or Standard Plus can access the 24/7 Healthline and Care Manager (in case of cancer and heart failure). The use of Health Coaching Services is free of charge. If the services suggested aren’t covered under your Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan, you’ll be responsible for the fees incurred.
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses answering queries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
#Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan – Terms and conditions for Welcome Promotion Offer:
- The promotion period is valid from now to 28 February 2021 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- To enjoy twenty percent (20%) discount (“Promotion Offer”) on the premium of the Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan (Flexi Plan), the insured person (“New Customer”) is required to meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
o Successfully enrols in Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan (“Eligible Scheme”) through a Bupa Health Management Consultant during the Promotion Period;
o Must not cancel any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme;
o Must not transfer from an existing individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa to the Eligible Scheme; and
o Eligible Scheme must come into effect on 1 March 2021 with annual premium payment made.
- The Promotion Offer is applicable to the first year’s premium paid under basic benefits, Push the Limit Benefit and optional benefits of the Eligible Scheme.
- The Promotion Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion offers.
- The Promotion Offer is not applicable to any New Customer who has enjoyed the child discount under the Eligible Scheme.
- The discounted amount and discount percentage applied to the Eligible Scheme under the Promotion Offer will not be shown on the Policy Schedule of the Eligible Scheme. The New Customer should refer to the copy of the application form enclosed in the welcome pack for the actual premium and levy paid.
- The amount of premium discount under the Promotion Offer is not eligible for tax deduction. Please refer to https://www.bupa.com.hk/-/media/files/pdf/taxfaq.pdf if you wish to calculate the qualifying premiums eligible for tax deduction in a tax year.
- Bupa reserves the right of final decision for the New Customer’s entitlement to the Promotion Offer.
- The Promotion Offer is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Promotion Offer (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion Offer.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
*From HK$280 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enrolling in Bupa VHIS Flexi Plan, with annual payment and “Push The Limit” at ward level. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.